UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form
UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, Civil Services Syllabus, all these things and other notable points with details are available here on this page. If you are one who wishes to establish His/her career through this most reputed administration Exam of India then read the following instruction and latest broadcast regarding UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form is given below on this single page. Now, the calendar of UPSC IAS 2018 is now published on the official portal of the recruitment authority of Civil Services Examination .
About Union Public Service Commission 2018 Examination
Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a national level competitive exam that held by Union Public Service Commission to recruit the eligible and highly energetic candidates for different Civil Services of the Government of India such Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) etc.
Indian Administration Service Exam is most probably toughest entrance examination of India. To achieve a high standard Group A service or IFS, IPS and Group B central services, Union Public Service Commission conduct this examination every year. Crack this examination is a dream for almost every candidates who are interested these kinds of jobs. The UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form will be issued very soon on the official portal of the examination authority. Commonly this examination is not crack in the first attempt so if you tried for this in past then don’t lose hope and try again with more preparation again and again.
Download: UPSC Challan Form 2017
Structure & Selection Process of UPSC IAS 2018 Examination
Selection Process of UPSC IAS 2018 will be based on a three phases Examination and those candidates who qualify the first phase are only eligible for the further rounds of hiring procedure. According to the authentic sources, there are near about 900,000 to 1,000,000 aspirants fill the UPSC IAS Application Form every year to participate in this examination and almost 450,000 aspirants sit in phase 1 of this examination. All three phases are given below with the tentative dates of UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form schedule.
- Phase 1: Preliminary examination – A qualifying test held in February–March, and conduct in June–July each year. The results of this phase published in mid of the month of August.
- Phase 2: this is the Main examination which organized in October every year. Results are usually issued in the second week of March.
- Phase 3: Personality Test i.e. personal interview held in December each year. Final results are commonly published in the month of May every year.
- Training of selected aspirants usually started in September.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IAS 2018
- Candidates who want to fill the UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form must have completed their degree from any authorized university.
- Those aspirants who are appearing in the last year of their degree are also eligible to sit for the UPSC IAS 2018 Examination.
- Contenders who passed their MBBS degree but not completed their internship are also welcome to appearing in the Preliminary examination of UPSC IAS 2018.
Age Limits & relaxations:
Appliers of UPSC IAS 2018 must have an age between 21 years old to 32 years old.
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- Appliers must have to pay an examination cum applying fee that is 100/-.
- For SC/ST/ Female/Physically Handicapped candidates: No Fee
- Candidates can pay this examination fee through online banking or any other net banking facility from any State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank by using any Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card or by cash in any branch of SBI.
UPSC IAS 2018 Schedule & Examination Date
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2018:-
- Date of Notification – 07.02.2018
- Final Date for Submit the Applications – 06.03.2018
- Exam Date – 03.06.2018 (SUNDAY)
- Duration of Exam – 1 DAY
Civil Services (Main) Examination 2018:-
- Exam Date – 01.10.2018 (MONDAY)
- Duration of Exam – 5 DAYS
UPSC IAS 2018 Civil Services Syllabus & Exam Pattern
IAS 2018 Preliminary Exam Pattern:-
- This exam will be based on two compulsory papers.
- Both Papers have 200 marks each.
- These papers will be based on objective type (multiple choice questions)
- The total duration of these each paper will be 2 hours.
IAS Main 2018 Exam Pattern:-
IAS Main 2018 Exam contain below papers
- Paper-A: This paper construct in the language which chooses by the candidate.
- Paper-B: English
- Each paper have 300 marks.
IAS Main 2018 Exam Pattern for Merit Papers with Total Marks:
- These papers will be available in both language i.e. Hindi/English
- All these papers based on Essay type questions
- Total duration of each paper will be 3 hours
- Negative Marking is also applicable for each wrong answer as per government regulations.
- Paper-1 Essay – 250 Marks
- Paper-2 General Studies-I – 250 Marks (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper-3 General Studies -II – 250 Marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper-4 General Studies -III – 250 Marks (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper-5 General Studies -IV – 250 Marks (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
- Paper-6 Optional Subject – Paper 1 – 250 Marks
- Paper-7 Optional Subject – Paper 2 – 250 Marks
- Sub Total (Written test) – 1750 Marks
- Personality Test – 275 Marks
- Grand Total – 2025 Marks
Candidates may choose any one of the optional subjects for Main Examination from following subjects:-
(ii) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
(vi) Civil Engineering
(vii) Commerce and Accountancy
(ix) Electrical Engineering
(xvi) Mechanical Engineering
(xvii) Medical Science
(xx) Political Science and International Relations
(xxii) Public Administration
(xxv) Literature of any one of the following languages:-
Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.
UPSC IAS 2018 Civil Services Syllabus
Syllabus for UPSC IAS 2018 for Preliminary Exam
For Paper 1:-
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
For Paper 2:-
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
|How Do Topper Study For Exam|
|10 Ways To Develop Good Communication Skills|
|Time Management Skills|
|How To Write Fast in Exams|
|How To Avoid Careers Mistakes|
|Jobs Interview Preparation Tips|
How to fill Online UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form
- Very Firstly, desirable candidates must have to visit the official web portal of the department which is www.upsconline.nic.in
- Every aspirant must have to fill the application form in two part i.e. part-1 & 2 by following the given instruction
- Pay the application fee according to your category.
- Upload all required documents and your recent passport sized photograph that will be scanned in jpeg format
- Each file should maximum 40 KB and must not be less than3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the scanned copy of signature
- After all submit this application form to the authorities
- Before submitting take a hard copy of this application form for further uses.
- How To Fill Online Application Form
Important Links for UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form
|Official Online UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form||Update Soon|
|Official web portal of the UPSC||Click Here|
Note:- for more updates regarding UPSC IAS 2018 Application Form please stay connected with us and bookmark this page (Ctrl+D) to getting updates in future.