NEET 2018 is the exam which is conducted with an objective to select students for admission in medical and dental courses. For admission to MBBS & BDS courses candidates has to go through the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has the authority to conduct the examination. The NEET examination is organized every year. With the help of this exam candidates can get admission into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges of the country.
NEET score is considered to take admission in any of themedical institutions. Every year various students sit for the exam because this is the only medical entrance test conducted for admission in medical courses.
This exam is not easy to crack so preparations to crack the exam should be done from the starting. The first step is to fill the form correctly. So follow the procedure that is given below.
- The NEET 2018 Application Form should be filled online.
- Open official website of NEET
- All important information such as personal, contact, domicile, qualification should be filled.
- Candidate should upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the mentioned format.
- Pay the fee by using online and offline mode.
- When fee is paid then take print of confirmation that it can help in future.
- For UR & OBC- Rs. 1400/- andfor SC/ST & PHRs. 750/-
- Debit and credit card can be used to pay the fees or students can also use e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI bank or HDFC bank.
Students should have Indian citizenship. Students of Overseas Citizen of India are allowed to apply. Candidates from J&K/AP/Telangana are permitted for All India 15% quota only and they can also take admission in AFMC, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.Aadhaar Number is required for Indian National applicants.
- Minimum age limit to apply for the examination is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- For General and OBC aspirants maximum age limit is 25 years and for the other categories 30 years.
- Students should have cleared the 12th examination or equivalent exam.
- Subjects should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates who are currently studying in class 12th are allowed to apply.
- PCB candidates should have passed 12th with minimum 50% marks for general45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
There is a pattern that every student has to follow.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
- There will be 180questions.
- Exam will be organized via online mode (pen and paper based mode)
- Objective type questions will be there.
- Students will be given 3 hours of time for the completion of the exam.
- The paper will be set in 8 languages such asEnglish, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) are the subjects that need to be studied.
- For every correct answer four marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
Medical Council of India recommended the syllabus that covers topic from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoologysubjects. The syllabus has been recommended after the review of various state syllabus.
Exam Dates for NEET 2018
Candidates can begin their preparations by checking tentative dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Is Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|