JEE Main 2018
JEE Main 2018, a common engineering entrance examination that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) organizes. CBSE organize exam for students to take admission to many engineering colleges and courses all over the country. CBSE conducts exam for many courses like B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. Students can get admission in NITs, CFTIs and other engineering institutions through JEE Main.
Last year, some new changes have been announced by CBSE for filling the application form. According to CBSE, candidates must have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI. Students who want to take admission in engineering can apply for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
Last year an announcement was made by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India regarding some changes in the pattern of JEE Mains. The changes are as follows-:
- For calculating All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main, no weightage will be given to scores of 12th class.
- Students should score minimum 75% marks to qualify for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs whereas SC/ST should get 65%.
- Aadhaar Card Number is required for filling the application form.
- Meghalaya, J & K and Assam students are not included in this provision. These students should have passport number, bank account number, ration card number or any other valid Govt identity number so that they can be given examination center in these states only.
JEE Main Application Form 2018
Note-: Please keep these points in mind before filling the form.
- With the help of internet entrants can fill the JEE Main application form.
- Students will not get any printed copy to apply for JEE Main.
- It is expected that applications will be released in the first week of December this year.
- If any student wants to apply JEE Main, then he should have Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/Registration Number.
- After filling the academic and personal details, candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in recommended specifications.
- For the proof that application form is submitted successfully the acknowledgement page cane downloaded.
If any mistake has been done by the candidates at the time of filling the form then no need to worry corrections will be allowable. Applicant can make alterations in upload images (signature and photograph). Candidates can see the correction window for correction in application form details such as change in exam mode from PBT to CBT, city of examination, change in paper-2 to paper-1. Alterations can only be made in the selected fields.
Students should be born on or after 1st October 1993 are allowed to appear in the JEE Main examination. In the upper age limit of SC/ST & PWD candidates 5 years relaxation shall be given. The date of birth that was provided for secondary education board certificate will be taken into consideration.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Dates-:
According to the last year dates here some tentative exam dates of JEE Main 2018.
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||3rd week of November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam (Pen & Paper Based Test)||1st week of April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of April 2018|