AIIMS 2018 examination is conducted with an objective to offer admission to students in the MBBS programme. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has the authority to regulate the national level examination. Students who are interested in taking admission in the MBBS programme offered by AIIMS, New Delhi, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Bhubnaeswar, Patna and Raipur has to appear for AIIMS MBBS exam.
AIIMS institutions offer admission in 700 MBBS seats. In many cities this examination is organized through CBT (computer based test). This exam is one of the most popular medical exams in the country.
Application Form 2018
Registration for the exam should be done only through online mode. No offline mode is there to fill the form. Candidates are required to fill all registration details. Payment has to be done through online mode only. After that students have to select the city according to their choice for entrance examination. The applicants have to fill address details and educational qualification details. Students also have to upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impressionin recommended format. Students are advised to take print of the application form for any help in the future.
The payment of the fee has to done through online mode only. With the help of debit/credit card or net banking students can also do the payment. The students who wish to register have to pay Rs. 1000/- as applicable whereas Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Has to pay Rs. 800/-).
Indian Citizen Candidates, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and Foreign Nationals are permitted. The minimum age limit of the students should be 17 yearsas on the 31st December of the year of admission. Candidates born after 2nd January 2002 are not allowed to apply for the exam. Students should have cleared 10+2 or equivalent exam from any renowned board with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Students who are perusing 12th are allowed to apply. The applicants should have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects and (50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates).
The AIIMS syllabus will include subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology and General Knowledge/ Aptitude.
- Circular Motion
- Nuclear Physics
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Electronic Devices
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- First law of Thermodynamics
- Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, Solids, Wave Motion: Optics, etc.
- Section A:
- General & Inorganic Chemistry
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Structure of Atom
- Section B:
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
- Section C:
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- State of Matter, etc.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System, etc.
- Absorption and cell water relations
- Transport of water and minerals
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants
- Meristems-Plant growth and development
- Botany and Human Welfare, Importance
- History, Factors and mechanism
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Transpiration & respiration, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions, etc.
- Current Affairs
- Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Famous award and prizes
- Major corporate events
- World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc.
Some tentative dates are provided so that students can start their preparations for AIIMS entrance examination.
AIIMS Exam Date:
|Online registration starts||3rd week of February 2018|
|closing date for online registration||3rd week of March 2018|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application||Last week of March 2018|
|Closing date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated||2nd week of April 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||1st week of May 2018|
|Date of exam||Last week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||2nd week of June 2018|
|First round counseling||1st – 2nd week of July 2018|
|Second round counseling||1st week of August 2018|
|Third round counseling||1st week of September 2018|
|Open counseling||Last week of September 2018|